Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Luke 11:35

According to a new report, the 85 richest people in the world own about 0.7% of the world's wealth,which is the same as the bottom half of the population.

The 85 richest people are a small part of the wealthiest 1%, which owns 46% of the world's wealth.When I try to figure out what percentage those 85 would actually be,my calculator just gives me an error message. It cannot put in enough decimal places to get the number of the screen. The numbers are so out of proportion that they are essentially meaningless.

A friend asked me why I had not commented on this story. I suppose the reason is that there is nothing I can add that would make this story more depressing, and certainly nothing I can add to make it sound better.

WWJD?

Weep.

For those who understand, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, no explanation will suffice.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

It is a sad statement indeed.
Life is unfair.