Friday, January 17, 2014

Just like a good neighbor ...


Tom threw his back out a couple of days ago (tying his shoe, of course) and has been limping around or resting trying to recuperate. Naturally we have had snow. Not all that much, but enough that this morning something had to be done. I was going to do the sidewalk and the apron in front of the garage, and Tom was going to call and see if our neighbor, Rich, would run over with his little plow and do the drive. Rich showed up just as I was getting ready to take the mail out and do the walk and apron. I did the walk and then came back in the house so that I would not be in the way while Rich plowed. A few minutes later I looked out the window and saw that  he had gone into the garage and taken the snow blower out and was clearing the apron, too.

Such a good neighbor! Rich and Peggy both! Thanks!!!!

4 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

So nice to have neighbors like that!

I'll bet Tom wishes he had a better story to tell about why his back is out of whack. You should make something up.

Michael Dodd said...

About twenty years ago I had a gout attack. Not knowing what it was, I just limped around for a while waiting for it to go away. (What a guy-thing, right?) Of course, once I went to the doctor, it turned out to be easily treated. But in the limping phase, I just told people it was an old football injury. They laughed because that was so improbable.

"Maybe an old cheerleading injury," one told me.

Moving with Mitchell said...

They WISH they could do half the moves those cheerleaders can do! Last year, I scraped and bruised my leg hideously.... falling out of bed... alone and sober. And I actually once broke my nose by walking into a door. Really. Do you think anyone would believe me?

Michael Dodd said...

I was a cheerleader, in fact. Never looked like Rusty Joiner, more's the pity! Anyway, we did all these things twirling the girls around ourselves and holding them upside down over our heads. Totally wasted on me, of course.

I have a friend who recently had a couple of bad falls, one of which left her with a black eye and a bad cut on her forehead. Her story sounds plausible, but one cannot help being a bit suspicious of things like running into doors and falling over lawnmowers in a dark garage.