Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Happy day

Wednesday mornings I have my tutoring sessions, and this morning was a great one.

When I got there, my student was reading the newspaper -- the local newspaper, in English.

"Are you reading the paper?" I asked.

"I'm trying," she admitted.

And she was succeeding. She is also watching a soap opera (which she still has trouble saying) in English and picking up a lot from that. Now she is asking me things like "What does it mean, losing my mind?" Or "What is gimme a break?"

I feel like she has passed a threshold in the last couple of weeks. She was very talkative this morning, using a wide vocabulary. She is doing well with her homework, uses the computer to look up things she doesn't understand and so on. People in offices and stores are starting to tell her how well she is doing.

'wonderful!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

That is WONDERFUL!!!!