Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Nearly a quarter of a million words


A friend from my university days found me a couple of years ago because of this blog. We have been emailing ever since. Today I received a CD he sent me containing copies of our email correspondence from 2013. Last year he sent me a CD with the stuff from 2012. He estimates that we have probably written -- between the two of us -- around 240,000 words in the last 24 months. At 10,000 words per month, we would need 100 months to have a million words, or eight years and four months. Since we started in 2012, that would put us at a million words around Easter in 2020.

See why we don't Tweet? What can you possible say in 140 words MUCH LESS 140 characters?

And yes, for those who are wondering, it would make a great book! But before we can publish it, we may have to kill a few people...

No comments: