Saturday, January 4, 2014

Tweet, tweet?


I am amused to read that Facebook is being abandoned by young people who have flocked [pun unintended  but I will let it stand] to Twitter and other such sites. I must say, however, that I used to have a Twitter account (at the encouragement of my nieces) and found it to be exactly what it sounds like -- a lot of short, meaningless noises. So I dropped the account and have done quite well without it. I have also done quite well without Facebook, thank you very much.

This morning I got two (2) invitations to Twitter from the same person. I'm assuming she just hit the button twice by mistake. At any rate, I don't intend to get back into that foolishness, but I feel a bit guilty about not accepting her invitation. I will send her an email explaining that I am not rejecting her, that I am rejecting Twitter. Even if I were to want to know what she is tweeting, I would have to scroll through dozens of other tweets to find her, and I have a life.

Unfortunately, she is so au courant techwise that I doubt she even bothers to check her old email accounts! So how to I communicate? And I know she doesn't bother with anything as outdated as a blog.

As the old Moody Blues sang, "I know you're out there somewhere, somewhere, somewhere..."

1 comment:

Sunny said...

I have all the social accounts(even MySpace which I'm thoroughly ashamed to admit)....however, I rarely use my Twit account. Hahahahahah!! Reason being- this is ME and I can rarely fit whatever I want to say into 144 characters or less.