Monday, November 4, 2013

A long day's journey into ...

Things went well at the library, but I came home quite tired. After dinner, I did sit down and do a bit of writing, though. So my word count is now 13,245. At least that is another 1100 words to keep me going. And it means I am averaging over 3,000 words per day.

It is clear to me, however, that I write better in the morning, or at least during the day, than at night. I know some people find the just the opposite. But for me, creativity seems to set with the sun. When I go to bed, before I fall asleep, sometimes things come to me to use the next day. But the writing itself is better when I am fully awake! It flows and is livelier. This evening felt like a bit of a slog. And it may read that way, too.

I just have to remember: this is a first draft.


No comments: