Friday, November 8, 2013

Happy feast of Elizabeth of the Trinity

Today the Discalced Carmelites celebrate the memory  of Elizabeth of the Trinity, a saintly French nun who died in 1906 at the age of 26. She wrote a beautiful prayer, "O My God, Trinity whom I adore."

This morning I wrote for a while and then went to the library to help them finish up a project that had been postponed during inventory this week. I put in a couple of hours and then came home. I enjoyed it because I saw some of the volunteers that I no longer see since I am not working there every day.

I did some more writing and my word count for the day is 31,606. That is it for the day, I think, because we are about to do the Friday fish fry thing with some neighbors. For what it is worth, today I poisoned the victim during a Halloween/Samhain celebration.

I mentioned how things are going at work and one of the volunteers said, "I could never do that. I don't have anything to say." I assured her that 30,000 words does not mean I have anything to say. Just that I go ahead and say it anyway.

No comments: