Monday, November 11, 2013

Chicken Little

I don't want to go all Chicken Little on you, but at 7:30 this morning the sky started falling.


Yesterday morning, I had seen snow showers in the forecast for today, but later they took the snow out of the forecast. Then put it back, but it looked like only during the sleeping hours of early morning. When I first got up, it was rain, but then it turned to the white stuff. Oh, well. It is November 11 in Wisconsin.

Here are a couple of pictures from later in the morning after the snow stopped. Side-back yard first and then the view from the front door.



I know I half-promised some photos of the basement-in-progress last night. I took the pictures but wasn't all that happy. But here are some to satisfy any curiosity.


This is what the "entertainment center" looks like from  across my desk. The chairs are spaced that way to help flatten the rug. We have a fireplace DVD for the television, but the photos of it didn't come out.


This is in the area between Tom's studio and the stairs. The paintings are just leaning up against that wall until we decide where they go. This is going to be a game-puzzle table for when the mob descends at Christmas.


This looks a little fuzzy, and I am not sure why. At any rate, this is Tom's four-panel painting that is probably going to hang on that wall it is now leaning against in my office.


When I started publishing my books, Tom created a logo for the fictional Pileated Press. I had a clock made for my office to make it look professional.

I woke up sleepy this morning. I did my regular morning routine (snack the cats, personal ablutions, breakfast, spiritual reading, meditation) and then we ran errands. It is approaching lunch time and I have yet to do any work on the novel or ride the exercycle. I will get to them. I just decided to be maybe a bit less OCD today. And by OCD, I mean less obsessive-compulsive, not less Discalced Carmelite. Although bothering to explain that seems a bit OCD. Obsessive-compulsive, that is.

 I suppose I shouldn't knock being OCD. That's why I have over 40,000 words done on the novel already.


1 comment:

Sunny said...

LOL----I think you may need a bit of a break, Michael...That was a tiny bit confusing- and usually I can understand anything anyone is trying to say!! LOL!!
Killer word count!!! Not long now! How close are you to the end tho? Storywise, tho- not wordcount. I think the most horrible stories are the ones that have you so into a storyline- but then end abruptly....like the writer woke up one morning and just couldnt be bothered or lost interest and decided to wrap it up in 3 pages leaving lots of unanswered questions and huge holes in the end. Makes me wanna throw something.
I know yours wont be like that tho cause I read the Nights book. When YOU write- it makes sense and holds your attention!!!