Thursday, May 21, 2015

Post-snivel post

Several years ago, Tom bought me this refrigerator magnet. 

"Why?" you ask in dismay.

You read this blog. You know why.

At any rate, after whining about not making much headway on the book, I decided to follow that advice and rather than snivel to do something. Something different from what was not working .

So this morning I took my laptop and headed over to one of the Starbucks in town. I was a bit reluctant. I thought I might be too distracted to get any work done or that I wouldn't find a table where I could get any work done or that maybe I should get a Chromebook because it would be easier than lugging around my laptop ... Mental sniveling!

At any rate, I went in, got my coffee, sat down at one of several available tables, opened the laptop and got to work.

Things began to come together rather quickly and I got things done. As is to be expected, getting a little bit done energized me to get another thing or two done and all in all it wound up being a productive morning. 

Sometimes I have to remember to shake things up ...



The important thing is that I shook things up and wrote instead of going online and trying to find that shirt on sale somewhere. (I can do that after I finish another chapter.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Although Druidism historically was an oral tradition, and as an Archdruid I respect that, as an academic I know the value of getting something written -- and that the only way to get to written one must first pass through the flames of writing.

Ur-spo said...

good for you !