Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Signs of the times

On County Road P between our house and Reedsburg, there is a house with a sign out front. The residents are obviously Christian and the sign usually displays a seasonal message or a quote from scripture: Unto Us a Child Is Born or He Is Risen or Give Us This Day Our Daily Bread.

Lately it has said, In the Beginning God Created. I am not sure if this was mainly a declaration of their creationist beliefs or a reference to the end of winter and coming of new growth with spring.

Yesterday we saw that they had added a line:



So I think this is how it went:
And God said, "Let there be rhubarb!": and there was rhubarb.
And God saw the rhubarb, and that it was good.
And God said, "Let us charge two dollars for the rhubarb!"
And the angels rejoiced.

2 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Hilarious!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog entry. Summer is time for me to indulge in my favorite crumble.. Rhubarb. I am sure the Angels rejoiced when it was created. I certainly did!!!