Sunday, May 10, 2015

Under the weather

It wasn't rainy today, just mostly overcast and cool. We may get thunderstorms tonight. At any rate, today I was feeling under the weather. I slept well last night, got up and had a good breakfast, went shopping with Tom to restock our badly depleted pantry and then felt drowsy. I spent the rest of the morning in bed, ate lunch and then took a three hour nap in the afternoon. I fed the cats, called my mother to wish her a happy Mother's Day, went to dinner with Tom and then to a meeting. Now I am back home and ready to go to bed again.

I am hoping tomorrow will bring more energy.

According to several sources, the expression "under the weather" originated in sea travel, when people suffering from seasickness brought on by bad weather and stormy seas would be sent below deck where the heaving of the boat was less noticeable. There are other theories about the origin of the phrase but they all seem to involve sea travel.

No comments: