Saturday, May 9, 2015

Setting out


I liked this image by the late Canadian artist Steven Walker when I first saw it. For a long time it was the wallpaper on my computer. I was still in the monastery at the time, and when I started the discernment process that eventually led me to leave, I realized that this image had been telling me that I had decided to set out on a new road long before I knew it consciously. What lay ahead ... that was not clear. But traveling, and traveling light, that was what was happening.

A blogger friend has recently begun a new life-journey, too. I ask that you think of him, keep him in your prayers if you are the praying sort, in your thoughts if you are the thinking sort, in your heart if you are the caring sort. Out of respect for his privacy, I will not mention his name. Just let it be for Michael's friend on his new road.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

There is nothing more scary and marvelous as a new Journey; good luck to him.