Sunday, May 3, 2015

Snoozy Sunday

It was a beautiful day here, mostly sunny with occasional clouds, warm, breezy. I slept well last night after the exertions of yesterday, but made the mistake of drinking decaf for breakfast. That did not do the trick. I did some writing, took a short walk and decided to lie down and read. Well, I did lie down. Sundance came and lay beside me purring, which gentle noise helped lull me into a somnolent mood if not a total nap. Morning naps after breakfast are a great indulgence, I think, and one I heartily endorse.

Eventually I rose and wandered out to locate Tom, who had been diligently planting thirty or forty pine seedlings in the woods. We went shopping for food, I ate lunch and decided to have another lie-down. This one lasted a couple of hours. Which meant when I finally did get back on my feet, I had to work hard to get my 20,000 steps in. I finally managed that. Now to see if I am able to sleep at all tonight after all the lazing around today.

I don't know whether to blame the naps on residual tiredness from the long walk in the sun yesterday, to the spring warm weather or to sheer laziness. Whatever.

Tonight on the way home from town we saw the Full Flower Moon, enormous in the sky. Loverly! Full Flower Moon is a Native American name for the full moon that falls in the month of May. It is also called the Full Milk Moon and the Full Corn Planting Moon.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

it all sounds lovely