Sunday, May 6, 2007

Back in Wisconsin

I made it back safely. On the way up I listened to a set of CDs on the tragedies of Shakespeare (on the way from Texas to Missouri) and to a set on the great ideas that shaped the world (on the way from Missouri to Wisconsin). It does make the ride go faster and gave me something to think about. These are part of a series of college-level courses produced by Barnes & Noble called "Portable Professor", each consisting of fourteen lectures. I picked them up on sale in Tyler. There are 25 courses in the series, covering world and U.S. history, arts and literature, economics, philosophy and science.

My boss, Joe, has been taking a class on Shakespeare at the local branch of the University of Wisconsin in Baraboo -- affectionately called "Boo U" by the locals -- but he had to miss about a third of the classes. I plan to offer to let him listen to the Shakespeare talks if he is interested. He was always asking me about Shakespeare, and I wish I had heard the tapes before he started the class and started asking questions!

The weather was good for my whole trip -- overcast a lot, but no rain. Now I see it is supposed to storm here tonight. And I thought I left that behind in Texas!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

What a DRIVE! I totally feel your pain. Ugh!