Tuesday, May 8, 2007

More critters

Tonight when we sat down to watch a movie, I felt something crawling on my arm. A big old tick!

After getting rid of it, I asked Tom if we had given the cats their flea-and-tick medicine -- a disgusting-smelling goo that has to be rubbed into the back of the neck where the cat can't lick it off. I held them down while he applied the goop. Cassiday gave me such a look that I think I had better sleep with my door closed for a while.

Later Sundance came in, bringing a small garter snake. Tom announced the invasion and quickly left the room. So I got it and threw it out in the yard. I told him the cats were punishing him for putting that junk on their necks.

I suppose this means that the time for the hunters to drop mice on the rug every night is back with us for a while. Tom makes fun of me for thinking the mice are disgusting -- but I am the one who winds up getting to dispose of them as well as any reptiles that are brought in. And he's the Green Beret.

Definitely sleeping with the door closed!

No comments: