Thursday, May 3, 2007

The rain goes on

Still raining. We are considering letting a dove loose...

The men came to put in the sprinkler system, but they finally gave up after dumping pipe all over and digging trenches around the yard. At least for now the weather is supposed to be better tomorrow. They were actually supposed to begin tomorrow, but they called this morning to see if they could come earlier. So I guess they got a head start, even though they only managed to get in an hour or so of work.

Mama and Daddy did Meals on Wheels today and I was going to cook lunch for them. I put all my stuff into the crock pot and forgot to turn it on. Not too smart! So we will have it for dinner or for lunch tomorrow. Mama and I wound up having a Meals on Wheels lunch (Salisbury steak, hominy and green beans) and Daddy ate the last of the pumpkin cheesecake. I don't know when I last ate hominy. I like it, but it seems more like a texture than a flavor.

No comments: