Friday, May 11, 2007

Good weather, bad meds

As I mentioned in an earlier post, my atenolol makes it impossible for me to be out in direct sunlight for very long. Now that the weather has turned warm, breezy and beautiful and the leaves are out and it is time to enjoy the natural beauty of this part of Wisconsin, I really look forward to my doctor weaning me off of these things. He told me in December that there was a good chance I could stop taking them, but he was taking me off two or three things at that time and wanted my body to settle down for some months before he made any other changes.

This particular med doesn't cost much. It is one of the Wal-Mart $4.00 a month generics, so that is good. The lotrel -- another hypertension drug -- is quite expensive, though, and I look forward to a significant savings on that one. I pay almost as much for a one-month supply of lotrel as I do for three months of all my other drugs.

I pointed out to Rusty when we had lunch that is a a sure sign of aging when your conversation turns to medications...

No comments: