Tuesday, May 8, 2007

A new one

This afternoon while Tom was cooking Chinese food for dinner, I saw a new bird at the feeder -- a rose-breasted grosbeak. Cool!

It may begin to look like this is going to turn into a bird report, but I'll try to restrain myself. Still it is fun when a new one shows up.

Today was a pretty good day at work. On my trip back from Texas, I somehow twisted a muscle or something in my left shoulder, and it has been hurting since Sunday morning. I didn't sleep all that well Sunday night and I was hurting all day at work yesterday. There was a ton to do, and not feeling good did not make it any easier. I am sure the tension did not help the muscle any, either.

Tom applied the massage machine to it last night and that seems to have done the trick. I was still feeling it when I went to bed, but I slept well and woke up with the pain gone. There was plenty to do at the office today, too, but I felt way better. I am sure I am easier to be around when I am not in pain. When I am in pain, I can be a pain.

I got one paper graded and another one read and made my notes. With luck I will send that one out tonight.

I then printed out 41 pages (single-spaced) of Vinko's dissertation. Yipes! This is not all of the first chapter, and I think there will be five all told. I suppose I'll learn something from working through it with a fine-toothed comb. The title of this part is "Parable and Communication." It begins, "Every linguistic choice of communication is determined by some socio-historical norms..." Should be lots of fun.

1 comment:

Brechi said...

That is cool. I like birds too.