Monday, May 7, 2007

Pileated return

This morning when I went to let Cassidy out, the pileated woodpecker that we have seen occasionally was at the bird feeder. He is our most dramatic feeder visitor so far, as much for his size as anything. We get lots of woodpeckers, but most are not all that big. This guy is the size of a crow.

I went to the office today and tried to catch up on everything. Thank goodness Tom had been filling in for me and working overtime to do it. Even with him having taken care of so much, I wound up putting in an extra hour myself. And tomorrow when Joe and Evelyn get back, I expect it will be very hectic as they try to catch up after being away a week.

Meanwhile I have two papers to grade for the class I teach for the Carmelite Institute and about a half dozen introductions to write for the speakers for their conference this summer. I also have to proofread the first part of a dissertation I am editing for a Croatian Carmelite.

A break from all this with Mama and Daddy was nice, but now it's back into the maelstrom...

No comments: