Thursday, May 17, 2007

Yada, yada, yada

Tom is an early riser. I, on the other hand, think if God had wanted us to wake up early he would not have created stop buttons for alarm clocks. Tom lets on like I sleep until noon, but I am usually up before my alarm sounds at 7:00. When I worked at Retreats International in Chicago, I was out of bed, dressed and waiting for a bus by 6:15. Now I have a more leisurely start to my day.

Usually.

At 5:30 this morning Sundance decided it was time for me to get up, so she poked her cold nose in my face for a while and then began to lick my hand. According to my computer it was 36 degrees out. But I was awake.

My friend Chris Kimball came through his fifteen-hour surgery fine on Tuesday. Thank you if you said a prayer for him. The doctor thinks they got all the cancer and now he will have three weeks in recuperation in the hospital and be undergoing chemo.

Tom arrived safely in Santa Fe. John's graduation is on Saturday, and Helen (Tom's ex) will fly in with her husband Friday. Tom plans to pack John's stuff in the truck (which he insists is pronounced trawk) and take off on Sunday morning. With luck he will be back Tuesday evening, but it may be Wednesday. His daughter Rebecca and her husband David have a few days off for Pentecost and hope to be up to visit Tuesday to Friday. He's going to be familied-out before it's all over, I suspect.

One of our more interesting friends called and left a message that she wants to take me out to dinner (dutch treat) at a local vegetarian restaurant called the Cheese Factory. It is run by a quasi-Christian crowd called the Endeavor Academy, (heretical? schismatic?) folks connected to A Course in Miracles. (Click on that link for more info.) We keep running into people associated with the Academy. Generally very nice people but their spirituality is ... different. Anyway, Marty knows Tom is out of town and that I have never eaten at the Factory. I have to call her back and try to set something up. For a look at the menu, click here.

No comments: