Monday, November 24, 2014

Memories

June 1990

In June 1990, I had just been elected prior of the Discalced Carmelite Monastery at the National Shrine of Mary, Help of Christians -- Holy Hill, northwest of Milwaukee. My brother Ted and his family came to visit and he took this picture in my office. That is me in the habit on the left (obviously), my niece Kristin, my niece Kirstin in the stroller -- she had been born the previous October and is the one who posted this photo on her own blog a couple of days ago -- and my nephew Justin. My sister-in-law-Cynthia is standing on the right.

Behind Cynthia at the far right of the picture you can see part of the door that led from the prior's office into a very small bedroom. Kristin reminded me that it had a sign on it that read The Twilight Zone.

Yes, I was that kind of prior.

No comments: