Tuesday, November 25, 2014

More getting to be the season

Yesterday (Monday) we got our first Christmas card. 


Rick and Steve's card is always the first to arrive, but in the past it has usually come the day after Thanksgiving. I see that they have now succumbed to corporate America's desire to hasten the celebratory aspects a bit. Anyway, thanks to Rick and Steve! Your card has christened the holiday card shelf.

I plan to pick up our cards today, but I don't plan to mail them out immediately.

On another seasonal note, we had more snow. The previous white stuff had melted away, but things were only drab for about 36 hours before the next flurries arrived. Since I usually post photos of the back yard, I thought I would put up a couple of the front, showing Tom's diligent work clearing sidewalk and drive. This all had to be done twice, of course, because after he got it cleaned up yesterday afternoon, more snow came along. We had about four inches and a smidge more, I would say.



And here is our crane, stuck in the snow once again. This year Tom added to the rusty sidewalk decor with that wheel that he found abandoned somewhere.







1 comment:

Kirstin Dodd said...

Rusty stuff is the best. Looks like Tom really busted it shoveling all that snow. Hard worker.