Sunday, November 9, 2014

What a day!


Today I worked on getting the book into proper format for publication. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that the volume I had envisioned -- a novel, a novella and a short story, all somewhat related -- would turn out to be well over 400 pages in published form!


Too much of a muchness, so to speak, given the nature of the beast.We are not talking anything remotely epic here.

So I decided to do the novel by itself. This still comes out to 392 pages. But I got it in shape, after spending all day on it. This was just formatting, because I got the editing done before I began this task. Even so, I continued to find the occasional error. Now Tom and I have to finish up the design and copy for the cover, and it should be ready to send out this week. Then the proof copies start coming for the next phase before the thing can actually go on sale.

I plan to take the novella and short story and see if they will make another book -- much smaller, of course.  These books are unlike my other publications, and I don't expect to sell many. Most of the people to whom I marketed the first three books would not be interested in the WhoVille stories, I am pretty sure.
 
So that is the news for today.

My mother likes to tell a story about her boss referring to me as her "motormouth son." I told her today I am not just a motormouth, I am a motorwrite.

3 comments:

Kirstin Dodd said...

I think of you as a motorbrain. :-)

Michael Dodd said...

You are too kind.

Ur-spo said...

Good news, this!