Monday, November 10, 2014

Submission

Tom spent half his morning getting the cover design tweaked while I tied up other threads and got the book ready for submission. I don't have a copy of that to show you, but the cover is based on this one he did for an e-book version of the novella that I published a year or so ago. I took that version off the market because of my plan to include it in a collection.

The title for the novel, at least at the moment, is Wicca in WhoVille
"A self-centered star quarterback at a university for misfits is plagued by bad luck and accidents after the arrival of a Wiccan sorority  on campus. A quirky tale about life, love and other queer things in the Midwest." 392 pages. Price unknown
A few minutes ago, I sent the whole shebang off for review. If they discover no obvious problems with cover and/or format at this point, I will be able to obtain a proof copy -- a sample copy of the printed book -- for another look-through and a chance to make final corrections and changes before approval for marketing. I am resigned to signs of intervention by Titivillus.

Sometime within the next twenty-four hours I will find out if things have progressed that far.

Meanwhile, I may tinker a bit with the second, shorter book. But it feels like I/we have accomplished something significant already today, and I may just goof off the rest of the day.

Today is supposed to be in the 40s and cloudy, with a high chance of snow tomorrow -- one to three inches possible. That sounds like a good day to stay inside and work.

1 comment:

Kirstin Dodd said...

and build a fire!!! Stay warm my sweet Northern family.