Friday, November 7, 2014

So many books ...

1) Last night I finished the first read-through of the novel and I think it holds together well enough to pass muster, if not for a prize in literature. I found only a couple of lacunae that will be easily filled, which means that steps 1, 2 and 3 from yesterday's list are almost [pert' near, but not plumb, as we might say in East Texas] completed and will be by the end of the day.

2) This morning I head over to the library to help with their annual inventory. This is not so much a book count as a careful screening of the collection, culling damaged or never-read or duplicate items, cleaning and related tasks. Essentially, whatever the director decides needs to be done at the moment. These are usually not the most exciting jobs in the world, but neither are they difficult. I have a fond spot for inventory because it was while I was volunteering for inventory some years back that I found out a job was opening up, and that led to my happy years working at the library. Also, it usually means working closely with another volunteer for several hours, and I have made new friends every time we do it.

3) I don't  have a third book-related item, but I was told early on that one does not number a series of items unless there are at least three.

No comments: