Friday, December 26, 2014

Fitbit tidbits

Several times yesterday when I tried to sync my Fitbit (so my computer would tell me how I was doing step-wise), I was unable to get online. I would get a message saying they were down for "regularly scheduled maintenance" and made a promise that the Fitbits were keeping track of things even while the maintenance was underway. They would return shortly.

Which they did. Well, perhaps not shortly but eventually.

This happened several times, however, yesterday. This morning (Friday, December 26) I have had no problems so far.

I wonder if what happened was that their site was crashed because all the people who got Fitbits for Christmas were trying to log in and sign up at the same time. This often happens with things of this nature. The "regularly scheduled maintenance" message would be a way to note that they were doing something about it while making it sound like no big deal. A good idea lest your newbies get totally frustrated and think their Fitbit is shot already.

Who knows? At any rate, I am stepping away and the little dingus is keeping track.

No comments: