Monday, December 22, 2014

Well, now ...

On Friday, I posted about the television set that my father won a week before I was born. [Click here to refresh your memory.]

The last paragraph of that post reads: 
We recently changed our television service provider and have been entered in a drawing for another 42 inch television. Maybe the spirit of my father -- who was always winning things like that -- will intercede for us so that we win. Because that's what we most need -- another big television besides the one in the basement and the one in the living room.
This afternoon, Tom got a phone call from the Reedsburg Utility Commission, our provider, to let him know that he won the television. Since he won a rifle in another drawing back in September, we wondered if this would be a good time for him to go out and buy some lottery tickets. But he figures his spate of good luck is over and done with now.

We don't need another television. But after discussing it with the person on the phone, we decided to take it. It is too big to ship anywhere, but we figure an opportunity to donate it locally will come up soon enough. Meanwhile, I can only assume that my father's spirit is snickering somewhere. (Don't tell my mother that, because it does not fit in with her understanding of what happens to the deceased between the time they die and the general judgement at the end of time.)

1 comment:

Kirstin Dodd said...

Ahh!!!! That is too funny!! You lucky guy!! I got that blood too!! Maybe that luck it'll make it down here.

And Daddy Dodd snickers in my mind everyday. Lol