Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thursday tasks

Last night and this morning I got the neighbors' candy (mostly) done. The peppermint-flavored fudge never wants to set well, and I may make another batch using even less peppermint to see if that will help. It tastes good, but the fudge itself is a bit sticky. I will make the second batch later this afternoon and see if it turns out. If so, we will be on track to deliver candy this weekend.

Tom had a lot of errands and things that took him out of the house this morning and early afternoon, which gave me (and the robot mopper) a chance to clean floors. This time of year it can be a challenge, between snow and rain and salt and mud. Sundance looked a bit askance at the robot, but she decided it wasn't going to mess with her catnip scratcher-box and let it be.

4 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

Wow! A real robot mopper. I thought you were referring to yourself! I've seen the vacuums, but never the mops.

Michael Dodd said...

Mitchell,
The little robot sweeps and mops. The mopping function involves it running a damp microfiber cloth over the floor. I help it along by lightly spraying a cleaner on the floor first. It will do an entire room with one damp cloth and does a fantastic job, much less streaky than I manage on my own.

Kirstin Dodd said...

Mama Dodd needs one. Looks cool.

Michael Dodd said...

I brought one for Mama when I visited in October. I think Angie helped set it up for her when they came down after Thanksgiving. I don't know if she is using it. The woman who cleans for her doesn't want to use it. The reason I got it for her is that it leaves her floors much shinier than regular mopping. But I suspect her arthritis makes it hard for her to fool with the cleaning cloths ...