Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Tuesday, too

1) Weirdness with US Celullar continues, but I won't bore you with that. The Snowy Owl is looking better and better. Have you heard of kything?

2) I am making baked spaghetti with meatballs for dinner and trying out a new pasta. It is not gluten free but is made with carrots, spinach and tomatoes in addition to wheat. Hope it tastes okay. The selling point is that a serving of the pasta is supposed to contain a full serving of vegetables. The sauce is also supposed to have a full serving of veggies, so it sounds downright upright to eat it.

3) Tomorrow I meet with the woman I tutor, and this week our lesson will be about how to search online for houses for sale. I am not sure what their financial situation is, but she told me that they want to invest their money in a house rather than just continue paying rent. It should be interesting. She is quite computer-savvy already, and this will be more a matter of helping her find sites and understand the realtor jargon. Her general purpose English is pretty good now, but deciphering the language of real estate ads may prove a challenge.

4) I have been bouncing an idea around in my head for another book -- or at least another story -- about the characters in WhoVille. This one will focus more on Bobby Dunn, the clueless student from Texas and his harebrained schemes to raise money for his fraternity. Tentative title: Wacky in WhoVille.

5) Speaking of the books, people have asked if they are available only in the States. Supposedly you can order the paperbacks through Amazon in the United Kingdom and in most of Europe. Those are printed there instead of being shipped from the U.S. And of course, you can get them for your Kindle and save time and cash. (No pressure. Seriously.)



1 comment:

Kirstin Dodd said...

The Bobby Dunn books sounds awesome. I'm just a few chapters away from finishing Wicca in Whoville, then I planned to go to the short stories.

Love you! <3