Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Ten random facts


To finish out 2014, here are ten random facts about me, in no particular order and of no particular significance.
  1. I am right-handed but left-leaning.
  2. I can recite my Discover Card number (16 digits), my library card number (14 digits) and my online banking sign-in number (12 digits) but I have to stop and think to remember my cell phone number.
  3. I swam in the Mediterranean before I ever set eyes on the Atlantic Ocean, even though I grew up in the United States.
  4. I am a native English-speaker; am fairly fluent in Spanish; passed graduate reading exams in Latin, French, German and Koine [New Testament] Greek; and have preached a homily I composed in Kiswahili.
  5. I know how to fold cloth napkins to look like roses, turkeys, swans and trees.
  6. I have a serious thyroid condition, because of which I once weighed almost 300 pounds.
  7. I can still sing the song I learned as a kid in Vacation Bible School that lists the books of the New Testament in order. For that matter, I can still sing the Jiminy Cricket "Encyclopedia" song.
  8. I taught aerobics classes for priests, brothers and seminarians.
  9. I have a Bachelor of Adequacy degree from the International University of Nescience.
  10. I am a passport-holding citizen of Ladonia, where I am known as Lord Michael Dodd.

4 comments:

Moving with Mitchell said...

I LOVE this!

I also can sing the Jiminy Cricket "Encyclopedia." I never met anyone else who can!

Folding cloth napkins to look like turkeys? We need you, Lord Michael!

Kirstin Dodd said...

Hahahaha!

I'm calling you Lord Michael from now on. ♡♡

Happy New Year!

Sunny said...

Owwwwwwww- Royalty!!

Happy New Year!!!!(a bit early, I suppose- but I'll be the first!)

Michael Dodd said...

"Not royalty, merely an aristocrat," he murmured humbly, scuffing his shoes in the gold dust at his feet.