Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Consumer report: Kitty lighter

If you have a feline boss or a cat to attend, you may have noticed that the kitty litter people have recently put a much lighter version of their product on the market. It is supposed to be just as effective but weighs only half as much. If you have lugged those heavy containers up and down stairs, you can appreciate the change.

Or so I thought.

As far as I can tell, the lighter version is as effective at clumping and controlling odor. Where it fails in my experience is that the cats track it all over the place. I suppose because it weighs less, it clings to their paws worse. I am finding litter in places we never had it before. And I have those anti-litter-tracking mats under the litter boxes.

Maybe you will have better luck, but I have gone back to the heavier version. It is a pain to carry up and down stairs, but then I need the exercise.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

I haven't thought of litter since the cats died. I recall the heavy clay was indeed a ponderous haul to the dustbin.