Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Warm front?

Okay, I said I would say something about the weather, but I will keep it brief.

According to the Weather Channel app icon on my laptop, it is now 1 degree above zero (-17.2 C).

According to the very same Weather Channel app, when opened, it is 1 degree below zero (-18.3 C).

Oh, on the very same page  it says that it is 4 degrees below zero (-20 C).

According to the Weather Channel app icon on my tablet, it is 1 degree below and when I open the app, it agrees with that.

On the other hand, the Accuweather app on the tablet says it is 4 degrees below. It also cheerfully points out that it is sunny and feels like 25 below (-36.7 C). I assume Accuweather and the Weather Channel have their reporting stations a few blocks apart in Lake Delton, which accounts for some variance. Why the Weather Channel is offering me three different temperatures among which to choose -- I simply don't know.

So all we can agree on is that it is quite cold.

And for my readers in the US of A who wonder why I bother to include the Celsius temperatures, here's a fun factoid:

 

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

well aren't we special.

Ur-spo said...

Fahrenheit and "miles' and pounds !