Monday, January 19, 2015

Other blogs


I read (or at least check in on) quite a few blogs every day. A handful are news sites, only three at the moment, down from a half dozen not long ago. I noticed that some of the ones I was reading daily created more irritation than they provided information. So I dropped them from my regular visits, although I do look at them occasionally. 

Another half dozen blogs are written by friends -- including one relative -- and are similar in nature to this one. Personal, sometimes informative, sometimes amusing, always interesting peeks into other lives. Although I say these are friends' blogs, with the exception of the family member, I have never met any of the bloggers face-to-face, although some of us chat in the comments and even e-mail on the side.

There are another twenty or so that are less personal but about topics that interest me. As you can tell by the things I write about here, my interests range widely and wildly. One reason I read those blogs is to learn new things and sometimes to find inspiration for a post here or for something I can incorporate into a story.

Just doing my part to make Katie Hafner's remark a little less accurate.