Friday, January 30, 2015

Friday free from frazzle

Yesterday I worked hard on the book. By bedtime it was two-thirds completed, but I was feeling frazzled. I had weird dreams all night.

I spent the morning volunteering at the library. That was actually rather relaxing, but I could feel a bit of internal pressure because I was not home writing. 

When I got back for lunch, however, I decided today would be a good day to relax and let go a bit. I took a short nap and a walk outside, the temperature being not too cold and yesterday's strong winds had died down.

I did work a bit on the book, but I decided not to let myself fall into thinking that I have to get it done today. Helen is arriving midday tomorrow for a short visit. That will mean I have to put the book on the back burner for a bit, which will be good for me and for the book. No rush, no push, no deadlines.

That's the emotional plan, anyway.

By the way, I think it is going to be a good book.

2 comments:

Kirstin Dodd said...

I bet it's going to be a good book too!

I wonder if we had the same weird dream. ♡

Ur-spo said...

lovely , all of it.