Sunday, January 11, 2015

Simplicity itself

Peggy sometimes gives me magazines that have recipes in them, because she knows I like looking for new ideas. I won't say in which one I found this, because I don't want anyone's lawyers showing up at my door threatening me with libel...

The point is, this particular recipe is described as impressive for guests and secretly easy.

It consists of 
  • Crepes -- 7 ingredients
  • Compote -- 7 ingredients
  • Filling -- 3 ingredients -- one of which is a homemade ricotta that has 5 ingredients and takes two and a half hours to make

So total number of ingredients -- 21
Total time to make the completed dish -- 3 hours and 50 minutes

I am sure it is delicious, but secretly easy? I hate to tell them, but the reason it is a secret is there is no way that this is easy.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I....have....no....words...... easy isnt even close....

Moving with Mitchell said...

HIlarious! I'm regularly told recipes are as easy as pie. I have never even attempted to make a pie!