Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday sighs

I got a good night's sleep and woke a little early. Did my morning routine, cleaned and vacuumed the basement and put in a little work on the book. Helen arrived shortly before lunch. 

We had planned to take her to see the St. John's Bible exhibit in Madison tomorrow, but the forecast is for four to seven inches of snow starting tonight. So we ate a quick lunch and headed for the museum. 

Since this was my second visit, I got to pay more attention to some of the pieces I had not looked at closely last time. Helen bought a set of notecards. I had to resist the temptation to buy books, cards and prints. 

Afterward she and I walked through the museum, which was new to her, to give her an overview. Tom was on the phone helping a troubled friend while Helen and I did that part of the tour.

We ate at High Rock Cafe in the Dells, in many ways the nicest place in town. They have a varied menu and like to use seasonal and local produce. Then back home where Tom and Helen decided there was nothing on television. They settled in to read and I went back to work on the book.

A productive but relaxed day, and somehow I managed to get in 20,000 steps. Big museums are great for that! Oh, yeah. Today I passed a million steps. (I can't give up being obsessive all at once.)

We expect the snow to keep us in tomorrow, but Helen has never seen a Super Bowl and wants to watch at least part of it. I will be free to work on the book. All in all, should be a good day.

Goodnight, moon!

No comments: