Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Crown


After my father died, my niece Kristin did a lot of genealogical work and discovered -- MMM? -- that Charlemagne is my (38 times) great-grandfather. Well, maybe. Just about everyone alive today who has European ancestry is supposed to be related to the man in some way.

At any rate, the crown that concerns me today is neither imperial (like the one Pope Leo III gave my alleged ancestor) or the royal one pictured above (the principal piece of British royal regalia, named for St. Eward the Confessor -- who never wore it)  but of the dental kind.

The procedure today should take about an hour. If all goes well, I will return in two weeks for the final bit. 

So much fun. But it is probably a whole lot less painful than being an emperor.

3 comments:

Kirstin Dodd said...

Hope all goes well

Ur-spo said...

I guess this means we are distant cousins.

Michael Dodd said...

I believe we are indeed distant cousins, regardless of Charles the Great.