Monday, June 15, 2015

The cat has a tale.

Today while Tom took his truck in for an oil change, I went to the health club and walked on the treadmill while listening to the book on the Borgias. So far it is quite interesting. Along the way, I discovered that St. Albert of Trapani (St. Albert of Sicily), the first Carmelite to be recognized as a saint by the church, was so honored by Pope Callixtus III, the first Borgia pope, in 1457,  although he was only officially canonized by Pope Sixtus IV in 1476.

On a very tangentially connected note, I made significant progress on The Prior's Cat stories, coming up with a better ending to the longest one in the series. I am still a long way from having enough to publish even as a slim volume. At this point, it is barely half as long as Wickedness in WhoVille, which is quite a thin book. I think when I finish this one story, however, which should be the work of only another hour or so, I will put it aside and concentrate on Wacky. I also did some work on that this morning.

I found this image online of a cat lying in the sun in a monastery cloister. If I ever do manage to finish the cat stories, I will give this to Tom as a basis for the cover.

No comments: