Monday, March 21, 2016

0 for 3 -- but still a winner

I have tried three times now to make contact with the writers group at the local senior center. Twice I went there at the advertised time and no one showed up. Last week one of the staff people called the guy in charge (?) to let him know I wanted to meet him, and we made an appointment for 9:30 this morning at the usual time and place for the meeting. I waited until 9:45 and gave up. I did leave a message that I had been there, but I think that idea has bit the dust. Time to move on.

On the other hand, as long as I was in Sun Prairie I decided to go by the Prairie Athletic Club and activate my Silver Sneakers membership. It is a ginormous place and I look forward to being able to use it. The staff was friendly, the facilities clean and extensive and it is only a ten-minute drive from the apartment. The apartment complex has a small fitness center, but it is basically cardio and free weights. I plan to continue to do my treadmill and elliptical work here, but PAC has the kind of strength training machines I like and a sauna!

So not a wasted morning as it turned out.

No comments: