Monday, March 28, 2016

Manic Monday?

It's just another manic Monday.
I wish it was Sunday,
'Cause that's my fun day ,
My I-don't-have-to-run day.
It's just another manic Monday.
 

~ The Bangles Different Light 1986

Okay, not really a manic Monday, although it has been busy.

  1. Did a load of laundry, folded and put it away
  2. Went grocery shopping
  3. Worked out a writing schedule for Wacky in WhoVille for April
  4. Wrote what I hope was a consoling email to a friend in Africa who is under a lot of pressure
  5. Went to the new gym and worked out on the weight machines
  6. Took out the garbage
  7. Paid rent and telephone/internet/television bill
  8. Called vet to make sure Sundance's prescription had come in
 And that was all before lunch! 

It is a beautiful day, mostly sunny and going up to around 50 (10 C), which means I will probably go for a walk later. Tom says he will get Dancer's meds. He is cooking tonight -- chicken stir fry to use up some leftover roast chicken from last night. Tomorrow he will go to the railroad to help clear the tracks, and I will cook dinner, most likely a pork taco salad. Part of the shopping this morning was laying in supplies for our meals the next few days.

I just had lunch and plan to take a short siesta. Then I will try to get in the walk and also a bit of tinkering with Wacky

My mother asked yesterday how the new book is selling. I told her that it has probably sold all the copies it will sell already, which is not too many. I no longer actively market the books, just put them out there and let friends and family know if they are interested. To my surprise, the last day or so, someone(s) bought copies of the older books. 

It's all a mystery.




No comments: