Monday, March 14, 2016

Wee


When I post here or comment on other blogs, I sometimes make what seem like wise and wonderful observations, offer brilliant insights and give spot-on advice or suggestions.

Why is my own life often such a muddle?

One of my university roommates said, after we had known one another for some thirty years, "Michael's problem has always been that he knows what other people should do with their lives, but he has no idea what to do with his own."

I was shocked and also convinced it was true. That was almost fifteen years ago, and I think I am a wee bit better. The operative word being wee

The challenge, of course, is not in knowing what to do but in doing it.

3 comments:

Bob said...

I think most people are better at "You should do ... " than "I should do ... "
I know I am.

Michael Dodd said...

I think I think I am better at "You should do ..." than I actually am.

Moving with Mitchell said...

At least you make what seem like wise and wonderful observations here and on other blogs (they [yours] seem that way to me, too). Physician, heal thyself?