Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Back to the polls

We have a school board election today and I will be working at the polls from 6:30 a.m. until 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. The polls close at 8:00, and I thought the after-closing paperwork would not be so bad. The turnout for these smaller elections is never big. But then I remembered that the Town of Delton, which has one polling place, has people who live in three different school districts: Wisconsin Dells, Reedsburg and Baraboo. Which means we will have three sets of papers to deal with and about fifty places to sign our names when all is said and done. The day itself will not be hectic, but the hours will be long. 

Fortunately I will not have to be up early on Wednesday for tutoring. My student called yesterday to move our class to Fridays because of a change in her work schedule.

No comments: