Thursday, February 19, 2015

Thursday things

Today I went out to lunch with my former colleague from the Bookmobile. Since it was the beginning of Chinese New Year, we ate at a nearby Chinese buffet that she and I like but that Tom and her husband don't care for that much. We have a nice long lunch; she is a slow, deliberate eater and I am an inhaler.

After that I took her grocery shopping. She has not been allowed to drive for the past three months, following several episodes where she blanked out for a minute or so. Fortunately these never happened while she was driving. She has an appointment with her doctor next week and is hoping he will let her drive again. I have my doubts, but we will see. Meanwhile, I told her to call me when she needs a ride somewhere when Ralph, her husband, is not available.

This took up several hours in the middle of my day, but I still made some progress on the book plotting. Which is to say, I came up with a number of possible solutions to the problem I was having with the loose ends. My plan now is to go back and start writing again and see which of those solutions makes the most sense when I get to that point in the story.

Tomorrow morning is tutoring and library volunteering. Yay! 

But tonight -- Sheldon Cooper and The Big Bang Theory!

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Chinese food sounds lovely....we have yet to find a good chinese we like in Manchester. And not a single one of the restaurants over here has Crab Rangoon either....
Plots are hard work....especially when you have to decide between two equally fab ones!!