Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday sojourn

As absurd as it may sound, last night with the temperatures around zero [-17.8 C], we went out to Culver's for a Valentine's Day turtle sundae. It has hot fudge, so that was okay.

Having survived a bitterly cold night [minus 15 F/ -26 C], we decided to go to Madison to do a bit of shopping. Tom was looking for a denim jacket and I need some new jeans. We went to Goodwill and to the Savers on the east side of the city, but the Savers on the west side is no more. Sad! At any rate, we had no luck with any of those places or at the stores in the regular mall. We had gyros for lunch and headed back.

We stopped north of Sauk City to get Tom's coffee and then at Farm & Fleet in Baraboo, where Tom found exactly the jacket he wanted. I tried on some jeans but was still unsatisfied. I'll keep wearing what I have until I am forced to buy new ones, I guess.

While in Farm & Fleet I heard the sort of comment that one never hears in Neiman Marcus, for example. A couple passed us, he pushing a cart and she walking ahead. As they went by she turned to him and said, "Oh so now they're my pigs."

Gotta love it!

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

There is a Culver's across the street from work. When I step into it I feel I am in WI.