Sunday, February 8, 2015

There's no bright golden haze on the meadow ...

Unlike the opening song of Oklahoma! we have no bright golden haze on the meadow, and it's not such a beautiful mornin'. Instead it is dreary, gray and just enough below freezing for there to be a hard, shiny glaze on the driveway. We had thought about going somewhere today, but it looks like there is not even a day trip in our immediate future. At some point I need to pick up birthday cards for great-nieces. That will be the big outing. Oh, and a meeting tonight. Maybe that will be a combined trip. Yippee.

I slept late this morning, maybe due to all the activity yesterday. So I don't have a lot of energy for running around anyway. It looks like it will not get above freezing all week and we may get a few snow showers here and there. 

I will do a bit of writing, although what I feel like doing is taking a nice long nap. Dodd men are always able to take nice long naps. And then we sleep all through the night afterward. I think there is feline blood in our ancestry somewhere.

PS -- That is not our icy drive in the photo. Ours is true black ice -- you can't see it at all. On the other hand, it is a very thin layer and not likely to be a problem for the vehicles.

3 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I don't remember exactly what is black ice.

Kirstin Dodd said...

I sent out my bday cards last week in an attempt to get them done before I got super busy. February sure is a busy month for this family.

And I believe in the Dodd nap too. It's in our blood. ♡

Michael Dodd said...

Oh, sure, Michael. Black ice is to us what those water-oases on the roadways are to you in the hot summer. Well, the opposite of that. Those shimmery summer illusions vanish and black ice is really there and dangerous. In the one case, you think you see something that is not there. With black ice, it is there and you don't see it until your car goes slip-sliding away.