Friday, February 20, 2015

Frosty Friday

We have had snow showers much of the day so far, with accumulations of significantly less than an inch. It is supposed to get up to 20 (-6.7 C) but at two in the afternoon we are still at 12 (-11 C), up from eleven below (-24 C) when I got up.

Did my tutoring and library volunteering this morning. My student will be taking an assessment exam in a couple of weeks to see what she needs in order to prepare for getting a GED. I am proud of her. She works hard at her studies, keeps a good attitude, holds down a part time job, raises two kids and seems to be a good wife to her husband. It is a lovely family with little material bounty but with healthy values.

Just piddling around this afternoon, reading, exercising, writing a bit. It is Friday, which probably means we will go out for fish fry tonight. No plans for tomorrow, but Tom will be absorbed with the Daytona 500 (apparently a race of some sort?) on Sunday. The cats will take turns snoozing on his lap and I will find something to entertain myself.

Don't forget to be awesome. (I love Mental Floss on YouTube!)

3 comments:

Sunny said...

Well...if I had known sooner I could have sent you Part 1 of the interview I'm planning on asking you to agree to.....
So...umm would you, please?
:)
(It just struck me that was a bit like a marriage proposal in front of a thousand people and how much I would hate that)....Feel free to say no, I will totally understand, but that being said, I really do hope you will consider it.
:)

Michael Dodd said...

Happy to do the interview any time you want to send it along.
I recommend michaelscottdodd@gmail.com for the mailing address these days.

Ur-spo said...

that sounds like a lovely Friday.
I have never been to a fish fry - every year I vow to go to one.