Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wishes

I already shared this with Lee in an email, so this will be old to him. 

Saturday night when Tom and I came out of a store, there was a sliver of a moon and one star in the cold clear sky. 

While Tom put the cart away, I got in the truck and recited the child’s poem: “Star light, star bright, first star I see tonight, I wish I may, I wish I might have the wish I wish tonight.” 

And my mind went blank.  

I couldn’t think of anything to wish for. 

I told Tom I didn’t know if that was good or bad, but I think it means I am content. 

PS: When I told a friend about it on Sunday, he said I should have wished for warmer weather. 

PPS: You may have noticed that I keep changing the background image and the font for the title of the blog. The font for today is called Luckiest Guy.

1 comment:

Sunny said...

Awwww. It's good to be content.

I was wondering about the background and fonts. I thought you might have found a widget that auto-changes them on a daily basis.

I LIKE this one!!!