Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Tick-tock Tuesday

Today is the birthday of a good friend. When he responded to my card, he said he is hitting the big 5-0 and wonders how he got there so fast. When we met he was 38, and it is hard to believe those twelve years have gone by. I sitll think of him as being in his late 30's.

At any rate, I told him that I recently received my Medicare card, which will be effective in May. How did that ever happen? How did my little brother get to be in his 60's?

When I turned 50, my mother told me I had passed her age-wise. Maybe I will start using that line with friends and family as they reach more mature years.

1 comment:

Moving with Mitchell said...

My 87-year-old mother told me the other day that she's thinking of no longer using mirrors. She said she likes the view much better from inside her head. She still looks 21 in there. I forget that I'm 60. And I have a lot of friends "my age" --- they're in their 40s.

How DID that ever happen?