Wednesday, February 18, 2015

More on Lent

Back in 2012, I told Tom I was going to give up complaining about people for Lent. (See what I posted at that time by clicking here.)

After a week or so, he pointed out that our dinner conversation had dwindled to practically nothing. Apparently when I gave up complaining about people, I had little left to say.

Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

And not that I am complaining about Tom.

Maybe if I tried replacing complaining with talking about things and people for which and for whom I am grateful (like Tom!), I would not have to be so quiet.

3 comments:

Kirstin Dodd said...

So funny! I'm so grateful you have Tom! ♡♡

Ur-spo said...

Many of my friends poo-poo the notion of 'giving up something for Lent; I think it a very good notion for spiritual growth.

Lavada said...

I must talk twice as much as you then, Michael....First I whing and compain about things- then I try and find the silver lining in it.....

"That printer at work sitting beside my desk screeches with every single piece of paper that comes out of it- seriously- it sounds EXACTLY like Fingernails on a blackboard and is driving me insane....
...of course the silver lining to it is that when I get home I really appreciate the peace and quiet as my husband dons his headphones to watch a couple hours of videos or play his xbox games- and of course it also encourages me to get up and go for a walk in the park during my lunch hour too!!"

True Story!! :)