Saturday, February 7, 2015

Saturday sundries: Weather, writing, walking, voices and cats



"The voices in my head may not be real, but they have some good ideas!"

I ran across that line somewhere, but I don't remember where. Unless one of the voices in my head said it...

Anyway, the point is that I got some more written on Wacky in WhoVille today while Tom was out Good Samaritan-ing a friend who needed to borrow a truck to move things from storage to his apartment. They did this a week ago, too, but this time Tom thinks the job is finished.

I am starting to enjoy writing Wacky more every day. I won't say how long that will last, but for the moment it is helping provide some momentum. The story this time, I think, will not involve murder or anyone being in particular physical danger. But there should be plenty of plot twists to make it interesting.

On other fronts, it got up to almost 40 today (4.4 C) and I went for a walk. I have been doing about 35,000 steps or 15+ miles a day lately. Also did a load of laundry and parceled out snacks to the cats. 

We are trying to cut down on their Greenies. They are supposed to help the cats' teeth, but we think Sundance is not eating enough of her Iams balanced diet because she prefers the snacks. She's not happy about the reduction, but she is back at her regular food more often. She has a basilisk glare for me, however, much of the day. She has taken to sitting close to my chair when Tom and I are having dinner, staring at every bite I take. I put the empty plate down to see if she wants any of the leftovers, which she never does. I think she is just trying to make me feel guilty for stuffing myself while she languishes. There is a bowl full of her own food about three feet from where she is pouting, I might point out.

1 comment:

Ur-spo said...

Socrates described madness as the divine release of the mind from the yoke of custom and convention.